Monday, May 23, 2011

Armchairing the Book Expo America

Who am I...How do I Armchair?

I am a veteran blogger and have been topic specific for over a year and a half now, the problem with saying that is that my venture into book blogging has been short so far (for now) as it has only been a month and a half but I am really enjoying my venture into the world.

I am a twenty-something college graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and a minor in Communications. I am attending some graduate school counseling to pursue the application to the University of Kentucky's School of Library and Information Science Masters Program. I went through a big problem facing the "What am I going to do with my life?" question. When I finally gave up my addiction to a video game, I reconnected with my love of reading and the light seemed to be turned on. In high school, I wanted to work at my public library back home, but they only staffed two librarians and it was too far away to drive to simply volunteer. In college, I was placed in the library for work study but my job was given away in some technical problems. And now, after realizing what I don't want to do, I know what it is I want to do and I want to be a librarian, preferably at the public library for public and wide-reaching events.

So here I am, throwing myself into my love of reading hardcore getting support from everyone I know and it is so exciting. There are some days that I don't find time to read because of different situations and I can only read one book at a time, so I meander through the literary worlds slower than some but then some days, when I get the time to myself, I can read a book a day. As I would love to go to a convention someday, Book Expo America seems like a great goal but for now, I am very excited to be lounging on my very old couch in my Maryland Terps blanket as an official Armchair participant. This June I am going to the Harrodsburg Book Festival since I live in Central Kentucky and I am looking forward to it!


5 Random Facts About Me
  • I've worn glasses since I was a freshman in high school
  • I have been dating my boyfriend for over 5 years
  • I graduated from Transylvania University in 2009
  • I currently work in the Child Care industry
  • I'm in a weight loss journey and am currently at -27 lbs.
Thank you so much for stopping by, I can't wait to meet all of you and be sure to check back the rest of the week for great goodies and Armchair fun! There will be a giveaway hosting tomorrow! I hope to see you around! I love introductions so be sure to say hi in the comments or join me on twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment