Friday, July 29, 2011

First Impressions Friday (11)

First Impressions is a meme hosted here at Within Pages where we take a look at all things, mostly booky, and reflect on our initial thoughts. Non-bloggers, non-book bloggers, and everyone alike can participate on any topic you'd like. Feel free to drop your links or thoughts in the comments!
_____________________________________________________

The Hunger Games Casting

The Hunger Games cast is not exactly similar to the way that I imagined it. Josh Hutcherson has been cast as Peeta; Liam Hemsworth as Gale, Lenny Kravitz as Cinna, and more.

While I believe that Josh Hutcherson is a great addition to the movie, in my imagination he is more fit for Gale. Something about Liam doesn't give the sharpness and athleticism I always saw Gale possessing. I also thought that Alex Pettyfer would be a fantastic Peeta. 

While every character was unique in my mind, the portrayals (unlike in the Harry Potter movies) aren't as accurate for me. I mean, I never imagined Cinna remotely like Lenny Kravtiz...never.

What about you? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment