Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday (13)

In addition to First Impressions Friday, I take part in the blog hop Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkee & Alison.


Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life 
(was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, 
did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, 
does it bring you comfort every time you read it?). 

To be completely honest, it was the Harry Potter series that did this for me when I was in elementary school. I was a casual reader, reading what I had to for our reading points in school, watching my mom read her romance, and I dabbled in children's reading like Dr. Seuss. But when I finally decided to pick up Harry Potter, mind you I always had a higher reading comprehension, the world that JK Rowling had created opened up something inside my mind.

For the first time in my reading experience, I could envision the world and the characters as they went through the adventures in the book. Until that point, the words had only been that, words on a page. Now they were a story, it was like a personal screening of an awesome movie. Of course, years later, I would screen the awesome movies in the cinemas, but it changed my reading life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment