Friday, August 12, 2011

First Impressions Friday (13)


First Impressions is a meme hosted here at Within Pages where we take a look at all things, mostly booky, and reflect on our initial thoughts. Non-bloggers, non-book bloggers, and everyone alike can participate on any topic you'd like. Feel free to drop your links or thoughts in the comments!
_________________________________________________________________

The Barnes & Noble Nook

Barnes & Noble NOOK Touch eBook Reader (NEWEST model, WIFI Only)

I had been trying desperately to save up and buy myself and eReader, and a couple of weeks ago I was able to do just that. I purchased the new Nook Touch Reader. It is very light-weight and relatively small. It possesses the E-ink technology so there is no backlight but it is perfect for reading in bright light settings.

Since I have had it for a while, I have had the opportunity to fully gain the reading experience having read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and The Strange Case of Finley Jayne on the device. I have to say I do like reading the books on the nook. I miss the feel and the appearance of the real books but eReading isn't as terrible as I expected. It is very similar to reading any other book; at least on this device. I can imagine it might suck with a backlight.

I have a lovely cover for it so it opens like a portfolio, like I am really reading a book. The best part is access to exclusive eBooks like the novellas for The Iron Fey series. I also have the ability to join NetGalley and the Simon & Schuester Galley Grab supports Nook. I am very happy with my decision to go with the Nook. It si working out wonderfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment