Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Book? By J.K. Rowling?!

Have you heard? Surely, if you are in the book blog world you have heard; if you haven't, and even if you have, let me share with you some extremely exciting news:

J.K. Rowling is writing a new book!

This book is aimed for the adult audience and is not set to be similar to Harry Potter, the books we all know have brought her to such accredited standing.


"Although I've enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world. The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry's success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life."

She will be joining Little Brown for publishing and they will release her books for her worldwide in print and in eBook formats.

No details about the actual book, genre, or content have been given; the only thing announced was that the publishing deal has been finalized.

Let me just say that she is one of the most inspiring women to me and she is the storyteller, the author, the master who changed reading for me forever and I cannot wait to hear more about this! Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment