Sunday, April 17, 2011

In My Mailbox (2)


In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren; here we share with you, the lovely readers, what books came to us this week whether it be in the mail, from the library, purchased or borrowed.
I happened to see the library a couple days this week and have a small new stack of books this week:

From the Library...




  • White Cat by Holly Black - Goodreads
  • A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray - Goodreads
  • The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - Goodreads
  • Crave by Laura Burns & Melinda Metz - Goodreads
I'm pretty excited about all of these titles. I picked up White Cat because it is the first in The Curse Workers and I really want to read Red Glove. A Great and Terrible Beauty was a selection that I found while browsing the stacks, I didn't have this one in mind but when reading The Story Siren review on my iPhone Goodreads app (LOVE that thing!), I picked it up as it is the first in the series. I am going into reading Crave completely blind only having the synopsis to go on; this is an experiment, I know there are reviews out there for it. And last, the book on the top of my TBR due to its unrenewable loan status is The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I read great reviews on this series including the new and third book Dark and Hollow Places; unfortunately, this is not the series I was thinking it was, that being The Hunger Games which I really want to read.

Books Borrowed...




Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen - Goodreads

My best friend let me borrow the books because she absolutely adores it; there is a moving starring Robert Pattinson releasing April 22 which is a movie to book adaptation of this selection. I can't say that I know a lot about it going into it other than it is circus related or something, and that knowledge comes mainly from movie trailers. This is not necessarily a YA book as it voices strong, mature themes.

Speaking of book to movie adaptations; I also bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I Special Edition DVD. If you haven't read this, do so; this movie really does the first half of the book a LOT of justice and is the best adaptation and best movie in the series! I also received an awesome exclusive Dobby button!

That's all I've got for this week! Be sure to let me know what you got in your mailbox!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I've been recommended Holly Black more than once -- I think I'll have to check it out now. :) And Water For Elephants? Hopefully the book does NOT remind me of RPattz. *shudder*

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Eden I was nervous when I heard they cast him in the role of Jacob (OH THE IRONY) but I honestly don't think it'll be so bad. There's a lot of dimension and depth to the character and I think that he can really grow with his acting in this role.

    Oh, Lila, as soon as you're done with the book we're totes seeing the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water for Elephants has to be one of my all time favourite books! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! And I was looking at White Cat at Chapters the other day...it sounded really interesting! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff! I really want to read Water for Elephants before the movie but I'm running out of time. I hear it's great!
    Hope you enjoy your library books - you found some good ones!

    ReplyDelete