Monday, April 11, 2011

In My Mailbox (1)



In My Mailbox is a meme from The Story Siren that I will be using as a feature for this blog. I first discovered this on the Rant Page and then in my new found book blog love, have uncovered other book bloggers who participate like the writers of Novel Thoughts and Reading Teen. Sadly, unlike a lot of the book bloggers, I doubt I can do it every week as I don't really have access to getting a lot of books in any given week; book buying is out of the question and I can only go to the library so many times! But anyways, I have re-connected with my love of reading (its funny how other addictions weed out things you love) and so as I have mentioned, books will be a featured topic here at TN: Eclectica so I will participate in IMM as much as I can! In my journey, perhaps I will have more from contests, book swaps, or maybe I will even be lucky enough for ARC's someday.

I thought that since what I actually picked up this week is minimal that I would include a brief synopsis of my bookshelf as well! So without further ado...the books!

Books on the shelf...

  • Harry Potter 1-7 by J.K. Rowling (All Hardback US Editions) - Goodreads
  • Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer - Goodreads
  • Tales of Beetle the Bard by J.K. Rowling - Goodreads
  • Series of Unfortunate Events 1-10 by Lemony Snicket - Goodreads**
  • The Liars Club 1-5 by Celeste Bradley - Goodreads
  • The Royal Four 1-4 by Celeste Bradley - Goodreads
  • The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown - Goodreads
  • Angels and Demons by Dan Brown - Goodreads**
  • The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown - Goodreads**
  • The Giver by Lois Lowery - Goodreads
  • Stormrage by Richard Knaak - Goodreads**
  • The Color of Water by James McBride - Goodreads
  • The Marriage Contract by Cathy Maxwell - Goodreads
  • The Loner by Genell Dellin - Goodreads
  • Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice - Goodreads**
  • Night Huntress 1 & 2 by Jeaniene Frost - Goodreads
  • Games of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - Goodreads**
  • Eragon by Christopher Paolini - Goodreads
  • Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - Goodreads**

Books from the Library...

Marked by P.C. Cast + Kristin CastClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

  • Marked (House of Night #1) by P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast - Goodreads
  • Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare - Goodreads
I would like to note that The Infernal Devices is a prequel series to another amazing series by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments. I've requested that the library order City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare that released April 5, 2011 and is the fourth of six books in the The Mortal Instruments series.

That's all I have for today! Be sure to let me know if you had anything in your mailbox!
**Denotes books owned but unread

2 comments:

  1. Those are a lot of books! I don't recognize most of them but honestly, that never stopped me before when it came to reading, haha. When I moved to a new city one of the ways I'd pass the time at first was going to the library and taking out a dozen completely random fiction / top seller / etc. books and trying them. There were some awful ones, but also some gems. And regardless, it was interesting having absolutely no expectations going in - or for that matter, any idea what the book would be about. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice portion of the books are Young Adult fiction, I don't know why but I have a deep fondness of the genre and there is so much that can be done within the limits of YA that don't pull me into the world of being an adult (which I am in real life obviously lol). Then again a nice portion, including 2 series, are romance books...I was known well in high school for my collection of smut novels lol!

    ReplyDelete