Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Playing Catch Up (date)

In the past month or so, I have fallen extremely behind in my reading, my posting, my seemingly everything. I have two books that are nearly finished and several things that are lined up that need to be done. However, I do apologize for the slack lately. I got overwhelmed after my break up, after needing a place to live, stuck in the middle of a terrible job I hated and a desperate job search that was going no where.

Things have settled down now and by the end of November I have a place to live and as of yesterday, I am employed in my local public library! I can't tell you how awesome that is. I also have another job to help supplement for the holidays and things. I am finally able to even contemplate free-time and blogging business again. My brain particles aren't stretched quite so thin. At least until I have to really sit down and start studying for the GRE so I can apply to Library Science school!

On the upside, I have some things lined up (not many due to being behind) and I finally was able to sit down and watch The Iron Knight trailer that debuted last month. I'm finishing up the story right now for the review, so be on the look out for that. In the meantime, if you haven't seen it, check out the awesomeness that is The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa, releasing October 25!


This just screams like it could be a movie. It is phenomenal! I love the dynamics, the iceyness, the aging technology, the shadowing, the EVERYTHING. The only thing...I never really imagine Mab being Asian.

As a Kentuckian, note that Julie Kagawa announced on twitter that she will be doing a launch event at Barnes & Noble in Louisville on release day! Squee!

No comments:

Post a Comment